USDA Rural Loans
The USDA Rural Housing Service has various programs available to aid low- to moderate-income rural residents to purchase, construct, repair, or relocate a dwelling and related facilities. USDA rural housing loan programs allow qualified homebuyers to get loans with minimal closing costs and no down payment.
If country living sounds good to you, check out the affordable loans offered by this under-the-radar program.
The U.S. Department of Agriculture is best known for supporting farmers and ranchers. But it also helps people buy homes without putting any money down.
City life isn’t for everyone. The USDA’s home loan program could allow you to buy or build the homestead of your dreams in rural areas and in certain suburbs and small towns. A Supreme Lending Mortgage Professional can provide you with more information on whether this affordable financing approach could be your breath of fresh air.
- Designed for people with lower and moderate incomes
- Down payments as low as 0%
- Lower closing costs and interest rates
- Lower credit scores acceptable (620 is usually the minimum)
- Use gift funds and grants from family or government-assistance agencies
- Work directly with a friendly Supreme Lending Professional who will assist you with your loan application
- Eligible properties include single-family homes, new construction, modular homes and eligible condominiums
- Mortgage insurance is required
Not sure whether the property you’re looking at is defined as “rural” by the Department of Agriculture? It only takes a minute to find out, using the USDA’s website.
- Property must be in very good condition and have a high insulation R-factor
- You can not make over 50% of 115% of the median county income to qualify
- Must be able to verify income limits